Re: CUPS dependencies

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 05:58:22PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> I must be among the lucky or blessed (take your pick).  Since I
> switched to CUPS and Gutenprint a couple of years back my printing
> qulaity has never been higher (the combination blows away the quality
> of Windows XP drivers for my old printers).  CUPS has been solid for me
> and I haven't seemed to experience the problems of others even though I
> track Sid.  I print to a network attached printer from my desktop and
> to it and several locally attached printers on my laptop.
>
> I'm not a CUPS fan-boy, but I don't miss lprng a bit.

Currently, CUPS exits without an error message on my box.  I've reinstalled
it three times in a month, and it still doesn't work right.

I've filed a bug, no response so far from the maintainer.

I wish there was an alternative, but short of writing my own I appear to be
stuck.  And I'm not good enough to write my own.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!