Re: Really stupid mutt question

2006/7/30, Jan C. Nordholz <jckn@gmx.net>:
> > I would like to know what is the magic key I need
> > to press to compose a *really* new message (i.e. to bypass or get
> > rid of the postponed message menu)?
>
> Go to /home/you/.muttrc and check for this config option:
>
> set postpone = ask-yes
>
> If it is not there, then insert it.  If it is there, then change it
> to ask-yes.

that should be the "recall" option, not "postpone". The latter is for
postponing more messages, the former for recalling them.

> Now next time you compose (m) an email it will ask you if you want
> to recall the postponed messages or just go directly to the new
> message.

Or you might even set it to "no", which disables recalling postponed
messages from the 'm' (compose) function altogether. To manually
recall one, there's still the 'R' command.

Thanks to all that replied. Specifying recall=ask-yes in my ~/.muttrc
did the trick. I think what blinded me to the obvious solution is my
tendency to grep the fine manual (rather than read it through), and
mutt's use of such "non-standard" terms as "postpone" (instead of
"Save Draft", etc).

--
Albert Einstein: Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn Wissen ist begrenzt.