Re: Really stupid mutt question

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 04:56:47PM -0700, Heimdall Midgard wrote:
> I've been banging my head for the past six hours trying to figure out
> how to write a message in Mutt. (So I've given up and used GMail
> instead.)
>
> The problem: how do I write a message in Mutt *without* invoking the
> postponed message menu first?
>
> It seems that every time I press "m" for "compose a new mail message"
> I get thrown to a list of over 1000 messages. It took me quite some
> time to figure out that these are the draft messages saved by the six
> other mail clients I use (sylpheed-claws, wanderlust, etc).
>
> Now deleting 1000 messages, which may or may not contain important or
> confidential data, is to me a less than optimal way to write a new
> message. So I would like to know what is the magic key I need to press
> to compose a *really* new message (i.e. to bypass or get rid of the
> postponed message menu)?

I use Mutt. When I have postponed messages, and press 'm', I get a question
at the bottom of the window: "Recall postponed message?" with suggested
answers 'yes' and 'no'. If I don't want to dispose of the postponed messages,
I answer 'n' and I can continue with composing a new message. If you don't
get the Recall... question there is a config issue in you Mutt.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net