Re: Laptop freeze after 'end current session' or 'shutdown'

On Sunday 30 July 2006 14:25, Bruno Costacurta shared this with us all:
>--> Hello,
>-->
>--> my laptop often freeze after end 'current session'
>--> or 'shutdown' operations. I'm using etch on an Acer Aspire 9100.
>-->
>--> Difficult to give more details as nothing is displayed but computer
>--> is still on (ie. fan is running..etc..) and I have to remove
>--> alimentation (sector+battery) to switch it off.
>--> Even more tricky as this freeze happens not allways but around 50%.
>-->
>--> Thanks for any clue, or ways to grab more information (dedicated log
> files ?) --> about what happens when related fonctions 'end current session
> / shutdown' --> are called.
>-->
>--> Bye,
>--> Bruno
>-->
>-->

I have two Acer laptops and both shutdown without any problems, and I also
live where the heat is intense and similarly find them both very efficient
with their cooling.

I run etch on one, 3614WLCi and this shuts down by itself, but I have to admit
I always do that as root. in the GUI through a shell, "shutdown -h now" Or
just get out of the GUI and do similarly.

The other an Acer Aspire 1350 has been running sarge since it was unstable,
and shutdown the same way. I use both as desktops. Simply because we run on
solar power alone. Just being upgraded to Etch now.

But maybe doing it the long way doesn't suit everyone. In Fact I don't even
know how to do it otherwise now I come to think of it?

HTH

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Linux Debian Etch