Re: Stuck with dpkg: can neither remove nor reinstall a package

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 05:07:20PM -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
> Something went terribly wrong while trying to install a debain package
> called gtkwifi. Now I'm unable to reinstall the package or force its
> removal. And using apt-get -f install has not worked either. When trying
> to reinstall via dpk it keeps complaining: "The package gtkwifi needs to
> be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.  The deb is in my
> home directory. Using the --force-all option (for reinstall and removal)
> didn't help either.

What's the full command line and exact message you get?

With dpkg, you have to specify the location of the package, something like

	dpkg -i /home/nick/gtkwiki.deb
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!