Re: small problem reading GIMP's user tips (Etch)

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 21:03:17 +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> I am unable to read the user tips that appear when GIMP is started.  only the
> words at the left of the user tips box appear, the rest are missing.  Has
> anyone else had this problem in Etch?  If so, I will submit a bug report.

There is currently a known display bug in libcairo2:

#377755: Disappearing text in pango applications

It affects the dialogs in many GTK2 applications. Maybe that is what you
are seeing. Easiest workaround seems to be to switch to anti-aliased
fonts.

--
Regards,
          Florian