Re: Email programs that work.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 10:48:07AM -0400, Matej Cepl wrote:
> djhack wrote:
> > Kmail - Configured it, and got test messages in and out then it started
> > to complain the POP3 was broken. Never got any messages from the list.
> > Could not get it going again.
>
> This is not good attitude -- try to find out what's the problem and make it
> work. We can help you with it, but just trying all available email programs
> doesn't bring you a good karma.

You cannot ask users to figure out whats wrong ... especially if other
mail clients work with the same server.

Of course, it would be nice to find the bugs hit kmail and evolution
in this case, anyway from a user point of view you just want to get
things done ... at least after having wasted a considerable amount of
time trying to get things up and running.

Remember his primary objective was not to get all mail clients
working, but to figure out which one would be best for his requirements.

> KMail works well, so there has to be some problem with your configuration
> (or with your server).

Yes, but look, kmail does not work well in this particular case. If a
user can configure thunderbird/balsa, but cannot get kmail up and
running, kmail does *not* work well. Same, if KMail cannot deal with
servers that thunderbird/balsa can.

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal