Re: Can't access usb

On Friday July 28, 2006 10:41 pm, Mark Grieveson wrote:

> PS, to show you that USB drives just showing up is "for real", I'll
> email you a couple of screenshots I took.  Both taken at 18:21 (6:21
> PM), the first before I had turned on the USB drive, and the 2nd just
> after I flicked the switch and turned on the USB drive.  These are with
> Etch, but it did the same in Sarge.

It has also worked for me in Sarge and Etch, but only with a 2.6.x kernel.
It will not work for a 2.4.x kernel, IIRC.  I use my Palm T2 and also my iPod
on Etch and I do not need to mount the devices; Linux takes care of it.

On Etch, it works without hotplug, if udev is installed.

I also use VMware on my Etch system and can use my Palm T2 with that setup if
I unload the visor module before I put the T2 in the cradle.  In Linux, I use
kpilot and kpilot requires the visor module to work.

8)