From: Cary Pembleton [mailto:carywinton@pctechhelp.net]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 2:27 PM
To: 'Guillaume'
Subject: RE: Apache2 on Debian "ScriptAlias" Directives

To All Debian Users,
Thanks for replying to my post. I guess being very new to all this I am
having a bit of trouble.
I created a file called virtual.conf in the directory
/etc/apache2/conf.d/virtual.conf in reference to some instructions I found
here http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/412
When I tried to reload the Apache2 Server I would get syntax errors
referring to lines in the virtual.conf file. Apparently the following lines
in the ScriptAlias AllowOverride, Order, and Allow are causing this syntax
error. What I am trying to do is set up a web site for my customers with a
link to the Manhattan Virtual Classroom 3.1.0
http://manhattan.sourceforge.net so they can access the virtual classroom
for some on line learning courses I plan to teach on basic computer use on
the Internet. The website will be franklin.pctechhelp.net which I have
created the appropriate directories and symbolic links for. My virtual.conf
file looks like this example below.

#
# We are running Virtual Hosts
#
NameVirtualHost 192.168.2.8:80
ScriptAlias /manhat-bin/      /home/manhat/manhat-x.x.x/bin/

        AllowOverride None
        Options +ExecCGI -Includes
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all

      ScriptAlias /manhat-sbin/     /home/manhat/manhat-x.x.x/sbin/

        AllowOverride None
        Options +ExecCGI -Includes
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all

      Alias       /manhat-images/   /home/manhat/manhat-x.x.x/images/

          Options FollowSymLinks
          AllowOverride None
          Allow from all
Any thoughts on how I can get this all sorted out would be really
appreciated.
Thanks,
Cary