Re: rsync, ssh, scp: How to send via eth1 or higher ?

2006. July 28. 14:14, Hans-J. Ullrich:
> Hi folks,
>
> is there any way, to send files over a device greater than eth0 ?
>
> If eth0 is online, ssh, scp and rsync always wants to send over eth0.
> In the manpages I found no way to change it.
>
> (Background: I have wired cable on eth0 and wireless on eth1. You
> might say: "Just change it !" But as I work on different places, then
> I have continously to change. What a mess....)

man 1 ssh

"-b bind_address
             Use bind_address on the local machine as the source address
             of the connection.  Only useful on systems with more than
             one address."

rsync doc:
"--address=ADDRESS       bind to the specified address"

Daniel

--
LeVA