Re: NFS + iptables: (re)boot sequence

Try to use the old way. In /etc directory you'll find
subdirectories rcx.d where x is number between 0 to 6.
These directories (rcx.d) contain symlinks to related
startup scripts in /etc/init.d. If you use window
manager, please pay attention to rc5.d. In rc5.d,
you'll see something like S22sshd or K22sshd (just an
example, may be you see different thing in your
system). Analyze these symlink files, you'll notice
that the number is a sequence number and the first
letter is used to determined which one to execute when
start (S) or kill (K). You can re-arrange the sequence
by renaming these symlinks, changing the number and
notice the first letter.

I hope it'll help. May be somebody can give a better
idea. I work with X rarely, that's why I suggest this
way.

--- Joseph Le-Phan <five0.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to implement some iptables rules for my
> system. Unfortunately, (on etch) it appears that the
> boot sequence
> doesn't allow for nfs mounts to be located (as
> nfs+portmap appear to
> get started _before_ I've established an internet
> connection with my
> network interface which relies on dhcp.)
>
> Is there a way to specify the boot-order so that
> nfs-mounts are only
> possible once the network is up and running?
>
> Also, related somewhat to reboot sequence, I have an
> 'inactive' ruleset
> for iptables that pretty much denies all internet
> access when I go for a
> shutdown. Unfortunately, it appears that nfs mounts
> aren't unmounted
> before then, and so i portmap complains when it's
> time for it to unmount
> the nfs shares (as there's no more internet
> connection) and stalls the
> shutdown process indefinitely.
>
> Is it possible to prevent this from happening?
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Joseph Le-Phan <five0.oss at gmail.com> [GPG key:
> 292E09A0]