Re: More strange dependencies: vlc

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> ===========
> vlc:
> Depends: aalib1 (>= 1.2)
> Depends: libflac6  but it is not installable
> Depends: libmodplug0 (>=1:0.7-1) but it is not installable
> Depends: slang1 (>1.4.9dbs-4) but it is not installable
> Depends: wxvlc but it is not going to be installed
> ===========
>
> Now, aalib is not available in my sources.  I have libflac++5 and
> libflac7, but not 6.

That begs the question of why you're trying to install stable's version
of vlc on a system not running stable. Perhaps because it's not in
testing? So install the version from unstable. Or, properly configure
your system to install software from stable to, by adding the
appropriate lines to /etc/apt/sources.list.

It's hard to say, since you neglect to say what version of Debian you're
using, what version of vlc you're trying to install, or how or why
you're trying to do that.

--
see shy jo