More strange dependencies: vlc

===========
vlc:
Depends: aalib1 (>= 1.2)
Depends: libflac6  but it is not installable
Depends: libmodplug0 (>=1:0.7-1) but it is not installable
Depends: slang1 (>1.4.9dbs-4) but it is not installable
Depends: wxvlc but it is not going to be installed
===========

Now, aalib is not available in my sources.  I have libflac++5 and
libflac7, but not 6.  I have libmodplug0c2 vs 1:0.7-5, obviously not
recognized.  I also have slang1a-utf8 1.4.9dbs-8 already installed,
but again, not recognized due to its name.  wxvlc is available, I
could install it first if not for the other things.

Any way to solve these problems?  Or is there something else I can use
to play .mov files?

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."