Re: turn off CUPS cover sheet

Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:55:24 -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
>> How can I turn off printing of the job identification cover sheet in
>> CUPS on a freshly-installed Etch system?
>
> http://localhost:631/printers/
> Set Printer Options > Banners
>
> or: edit /etc/cups/printers.conf
> JobSheets none none
>
> see also http://localhost:631/help/ref-printers-conf.html#JobSheets

Thanks, Florian.

When using the web interface to install a
Postscript printer, I have been specifying "raw" for "Make" and "Raw
Queue (en)" for "Model", and this results in a printer entry for which
(at least on the web interface) I get a "not found" error whenever I
click on the "Set Printer Option" button.

Next, I looked at "/etc/cups/" and found a "printers.conf" and a
"printers.conf.0"; both files appear to be identical.  In both there is
a line which reads "JobSheets none none".

And there also is the problem that I am forced to go through the "Modify
Printer" process whenever I boot the system; others have reported the
same problem.  So I think that CUPS version 1.2.1 has a bug or two.

RLH