Re: how to make colour prompts for pdksh

El mar, 25-07-2006 a las 17:01 +0200, LeVA escribió:
> Hi!
>
> I want to make my shell's prompt colourful :)
>
> I'm using pdksh. There are tons of information provided by google, but
> none of them are working.
>
> Setting my prompt to:
> PS1=$'\E[31m'$USER@$'\E[1;33m'`hostname -s`:$'\E[0m>'
>
> makes my prompt:
> $\E[31mleva@$\E[1;33mleva:$\E[0m>
>
> The colour codes gets ignored. Is this only working with the original
> korn shell? Is there colour support for the public domain korn shell?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Daniel
>
> --
> LeVA

Hi .. I never used this but I can say you that you are using 'text
strings' in that variable .. Everything you put enclosed in ' and " is a
'text string' in c, perl, php, bash and others.

PS1=$'\E[31m'$USER@$'\E[1;33m'`hostname -s`:$'\E[0m>'

The result looks like this

PS1=$'\E[31m'$USER@$'\E[1;33m'`hostname -s`:$'\E[0m>'
    $ \E[31m  leva@$ \E[1;33m  leva        :$ \E[0m>

Do you see?

Try to eliminate ' and try .. Maybe it works.

--
Leinier C. Salfran <salfrancl@ipigto.rimed.cu>
IPI "Jose Maceo Grajales"