Re: small GTK "Open file" dialog

Nick Wright wrote:
I have a little cosmetical problem but it is annoying. By default my
GTK2 standard dialogs (open, save, ...) are very small. Is there any
configuration file where I can set those dimensions?

Yeah I have a simmilar thing I think.. When I go to save stuff from
firefox it gives me a fairly small dialog box initally. There's a
"Browse for other folders" button that opens up a tiny browse window
(unusably small) the first time but then if you close and open it
again it'll be a decent size..

K3b (which I know has nothing to do with GTK2) also has this problem
when you browse for an iso image to burn.
IIRC there is a bug which makes gtk miscalculate the size of the window on which the dialog is to be displayed (and thus miscalculate the chooser dialog size). I have had a look for more info but couldn't find anything atm. There might be more info in debian-user archives.

The "browse for other folders" issue is seperate (IIRC), there is a patch for it which can be seen on the gentoo forum: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-362497-highlight-.html

HTH