Re: changing the default shell

Hello Daniel:

Sorry by my english

You should change in the config file :

       /etc/adduser.conf

in the part: (change to the shell that you want to use)
      DSHELL=/bin/bash

You can found a list of valid login shells in :
       /etc/shells

Atentamente

Horacio Goetendia Bonilla

2006/7/24, LeVA < leva@az.isten.hu>:
Hi!

I wish to change the default shell on my debian system. I want this
change to affect all current and all future users.

I guess this is a simple job, because I just have to install the new
shell, add it's binary's name to the /etc/shells file, and execute chsh
@USERS. So much for the current users.

But in both of the /etc/defaults/useradd and /etc/adduser.conf files
there is a variable called (D)SHELL. Those points to /bin/sh. Is it
safe (future-proof) to change the /bin/sh symlink so it won't point to
bash but my new shell. Will this change break some packages or upgrades
or my new coffe mug?

Thanks!

Daniel

--