wireless network card

Dear People,

I'm currently visiting Salt Lake from out East (Chapel Hill, NC), through the middle of this coming week.

I've been trying to find locally a wireless network card that works with Linux to install on my host's laptop. The cards available at the local retail outlets seem to only work with proprietary drivers, and I don't want to use proprietary drivers for such a basic thing.

Ideally, I'd prefer to use a card which is supported by a driver already in the kernel, but I'd consider third party drivers too, as long as they were open source. The important thing is that I should be able to pick it up locally. I don't have the time to wait for something to be delivered.

So, any ideas where I can pick up one from? I only have a few days to figure something out.

Please CC me. I'm not currently subscribed.

Thanks.                                                               Faheem.