Re: Mounting iso file as normal user?

yea that would work too. but now every user has the option of mounting in that directory.  you could just use uid=(your user id) instead of "user"  it also works with a group id.  its all in the man page

"Mumia W." <mumia.w.18.spam+nospam@earthlink.net > writes:

> On my system, I created an fstab entry that lets users mount an ISO
> file. You would just take the stuff from your command above and put it
> into fstab and specify the 'user' option.

I created the directory `/image', set its permissions to 777,
then added to fstab the following line:

image.iso /image iso9660 ro,loop=/dev/loop0,user,noauto  0       0

, then rebooted the computer.
Then I could mount `image.iso' on `/image' simply with:

$ mount /image

. Did I miss anything? Is that what you did on your system?
Thanks,
Rodolfo