Re: which process is writing to disk?

I would think that you could find the working directory of certain processes
by doing something like pwdx $(pgrep {process name or a letter in it})

pwdx is part of proc tools i believe. and it isn't installed by default on
my system.

read this man page http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mansec?1+pwdx

On 7/23/06, shell <shell909090@gmail.com> wrote:

Lubos Vrbka 写道:
> hi guys,
>
> i sometimes see the following happenning on my notebook. every few
> seconds, i can hear a tick from the harddrive. it seems, that some
> process writes just a little bit to disk and the heads are immediately
> parked. the sound is quite annoying. it doesn't happen all the time,
> just sometimes.
>
> for example today. memory almost free, swap completely free, small
> load, psi, thunderbird and opera running.
>
> do you have any idea what could be causing this? or is there any way
> to see which processes are accessing the disk in every moment?
>
> thank you in advance for your help. regards,

Maybe it's disk flush process, I'm not sure. U can install package
fwatch-modules-src, compliar code 2 mod, insert it. Then /dev/fswitch
will show detail of the change on files.
Not sure, just have a try.