Re: Anybody else seeing this GTK2 bug?

On Sunday 23 July 2006 16:17, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> I suspect that the Gnome font configuration dialog uses ~/.fonts.conf as
> well to set up the font rendering according to the user's preferences,
> but I don't know for sure since I don't use Gnome. You can make some
> changes via the dialog and check this file, then you will see which
> Gnome option corresponds to which font setting. (The fact that the Gnome
> developers refuse to use standard technical terms like "anti-aliasing"
> is one of the main reasons why I don't use Gnome, by the way.)

I am using KDE, and I just found out that every time I log in, I have to start
the gnome-control-center and turn on the anti-aliasing (Even if it says that
it is already on. I change it to a different setting, and then back again).
If I don't do that, I still have the original bug in my GTK applications. But
the .fonts.conf file is unchanged through that process.

Best regards
Torquil M. Sørensen