Re: [asp] installation on Debian

On 07/21/2006 01:48 PM, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
[asp] installation on Debian
Hello,
I am trying to install ASP support on Debian, but i can't get it to work.
It seems that there are two paths, one is to go with mono and the
other is with libapache-asp-perl. Is that correct?

I tried installing:
apt-get install libapache-asp-perl

and also
apt-get install libapache2-mod-mono
apt-get install mono-apache-server2

I added index.asp in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

I still get a script displayed in the browser when i run default.asp

Could anybody tell me what am i missing?
Lucas

Hi Lucas.

For Apache-ASP-Perl, read
/usr/share/doc/libapache-asp-perl/html/index.html. Look at the
installation and configuration sections.

Also, read the manual pages for a2enmod and a2dismod. You'll
enable mod-perl with a2enmod if it's not already enabled.

For Apache-ASP-Perl to work, you'll need these things:
- mod_perl enabled
- a <Perl> section (in any of the various (100,000) places you
can configure Apache in Debian) that associates some files or
directories with ASP-Perl.
- a session state temporary directory (/tmp/asa ?)

I know nothing about Mono, but I'd guess that you can learn to
configure it using the documentation in /usr/share/doc/....