Re: thunderbird and screen resolution: fixed

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 01:48:44PM +0100, George Borisov wrote:
> Dean Allen Provins wrote:
> >
> > I recently went to a dual screen setup, and X provided a screen
> > resolution of 191x96 (from 96x96).  I was able to configure mozilla and
> > firefox to use a resolution of 96 (thus making the image the same size
> > as on the single screen setup, instead of double size), but do not know
> > how to do the same for thunderbird.  There is no "about:config" that I
> > can find.
>
> Recent version of Thunderbird has the option to edit this. Look under
> the General tab of the Advanced section of the preferences (there will
> be a "Config Editor" button.)
>

> Hope this helps,
>
> --
> George Borisov

George:

It helped immensely.  I'm still using version 1.0.x, but had a copy of 1.5
on the system.  Once I located the required parameter, I was able to
manually set it for the older system.  This will do until I get
converted over.

For anyone else in this annoying situation, the line in "prefs.js"
for the old version to add is:

user_pref("browser.display.screen_resolution", 96);

where 96 is your screen resolution (you may find it to be 0 (zero)).  In
the new version, is seems to be:

user_pref("mail.display.screen_resolution", 96);

Thanks for your help, George.

Regards,

Dean

--