Re: Autologin, not possible to select user?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 11:01:53PM +0200, Jan Johansson wrote:
> >hope this helps
> >Kev
>
> Hmmmm, for some reason, it seem to only accept users with a UID >1000. I
> changed the UID of mythtv from 108 -> 1003, and then all was well.

This sounds like some kind of security check where low UIDs are for the
system and 'user' UID would be allowed. You can confirm my suspission by
emailing the gdm maintainer. Also the more recent versions worked, while
one I used 6 months ago did not allow autologin.
cheers,
Kev