Re: Autologin, not possible to select user?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 04:55:08PM +0200, Jan Johansson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am grying to set up autologin in GNOME 2.1.4 in my Etch-box.
>
> But, the only user in the list I can chose from is the user I created
> during initial install of the system. None of the users created after
> install (more specifically, I would like to auto-logon the user mythtv)
> is displayed in the list.
>
> Need I perform some additional task for a user to be selectable?
>
> (Yes, the mythtv-user has a password, and logging on manually works)

Hi Jan,
I was looking into setting up a kiosk mode with gdm/gnome and I read
about gdm having 2 options (not sure they are in the gdm in
etch/testing) in Sid. It has autologin and timed autologin. You edit the
/etc/gdm/gdm.conf.

this autologsin the kiosk user
-------------
[daemon]
AutomaticLogin=kiosk
this autologsin the kiosk user after 10 seconds
[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=kiosk
TimedLoginDelay=10