Fwd: Re: Apache2.2

Note: forwarded message attached.

Regards,
K.Indraveni,
Project Engineer,
CDAC -Chennai.

Find out what India is talking about on Yahoo! Answers India.
Send FREE SMS from New Yahoo! Messenger to Mobile: Download NOW!
--- Begin Message ---

Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi Kevin Mark,

  I want Apache2.2 for working with subversion whose repository size is greater than 2GB. I tried with Apache2.0 which troubled me saying no enough space as

APR 0.9.x (which comes with Subversion and Apache 2.0.x) supports
files (and therefore commits) up to 2 GiB in size.

APR 1.2.x (which comes with Apache 2.2.x and which Subversion also
supports) supports substantially larger files.

And my requirement is supporting larger files. So I want Apache 2.2.

Can you give me any Unofficial debian site where I can get this. I
also did googling where I found all such links which you sent me " Apache 2.2
debian package will be available in experimental in future"

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 05:00:26AM +0100, Indraveni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I get Apache2.2 debian package.
> Regards,
Hi K.Indraveni,
the facts: current in sid/unstable: 2.0.55-4
so you can get apache2 but not the cutting edge version. The result is a
more tested and stable version.
why do you want this version? Are you absolutely sure you are 100%
unable to use this? Have you tried this version?
Otherwise you will have to get a non-official version from some other
non-debian source.
I also found this message referencing the debian bug tracking system:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2006/03/msg00022.html
which says that version 2.2 is being prepared and will be in
'experimental' 'real soon now'. You can ask the debian apache people
for more info.
cheers,
Kev
--
| .''`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal | debian.home.pipeline.com |

Regards,
K.Indraveni,
Project Engineer,
CDAC -Chennai.

Find out what India is talking about on Yahoo! Answers India.
Send FREE SMS from New Yahoo! Messenger to Mobile: Download NOW!
--- End Message ---