Re: gnuplot not working properly inside nxclient

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 11:40, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Using Debian Sid, NXCLIENT - Version 1.5.0-141,  G N U P L O T Version 4.0
> patchlevel 0, NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-45-SVN.
>
> Inside the nxclient program, I open a konsole and run gnuplot. At the
> prompt of gnuplot if I run
>
> test
>
> I am getting the following errors
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'black'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'black'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'black'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'black'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'red'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'blue'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'magenta'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'cyan'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'sienna'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'orange'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'green'. Using black.
>
> gnuplot: unable to parse 'coral'. Using black.
>
> The X11 terminal is then unable to plot any colored lines. All the lines
> are black. However if I use gnuplot from ssh, then the colors are fine and
> the errors above are absent.
>
> I am using nxclient from no machine's  website, nxserver is installed from
> deb http://debian.tu-bs.de/project/kanotix/unstable/ sid nx . Any ideas as
> to how to solve this problem?
>
> thanks
> raju

Answering my own question as it might be helpful for people reading the
archives at a later point of time.

The trick here is to copy /etc/X11/rgb.txt to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ and then
everything works fine. Found the solution in Ubuntu forums (
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=192327 )

regards
raju

--