Re: Digital Camera Flash Memory won't Mount

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 02:32:51 -0500
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Mike McCarty wrote:
> >
> >>My girlfriend has a Sony Mavica MVC FD200 with Flash Memory
>
> [and can't get it to mount]
>

> > "Flash Memory" is too ambiguous.  SD, MMC, CF, or (probably, since
> > this is Sony) Memory Stick?
>
> [snip]
>
> Thanks for your kind response.
>
> I'll get more information and put it here...

Although there is a basic usb disk protocol, different devices have different
abilities and some of them don't respond well to the quarries about their
abilities.

At least for me, the generic card readers tend to work a lot better then
connecting the cameras directly.

If you can compile a kernel yourself then you can compile in debugging for usb
to get some debug messages.

You can also try to look at the output of dmesg and cat /proc/bus/usb/devices,
the first gives you the kernel messages and the second, what usb devices are
recognized on your system.