Re: /etc/X11/X already customeizes on a fresh install

I had that same problem,I moved /etc/X11/X to /etc/X11/X.bak(or just delete it) and all was good

On 7/18/06, James Westby < jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote:
On (18/07/06 09:22), hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> Just installed 32-bit etch on an AMD64 two days ago.
> Today I installed xorg.
> Then I did dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, went through the usual
> options, and when I was done, it said,
>
> xserver-xorg postinst warning: not updating /etc/X11/X;  file has been
> customized
>
> Now I know for sure I have not done any such thing.  Perhaps the test
> for customization is wrong?

Please see the many open bugs against xserver-xorg for this and related
problems. In most cases this bug will not cause you a problem I think,
but if you're /etc/X11/xorg.conf is not updated then you need to use one
of the workarounds provided, for instance the workaround or patch in

James

--
  James Westby
  jw+debian@jameswestby.net