Re: CUPS (Sid) not printing. (SOLVED?)

David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> writes:

>>> I will add it to /set/modules and see. I did not have this problem
>>> with 2.6.16 kernels but then again, I do not do all that much
>>> printing so maybe I did.  Cups writes printer.conf with the default
>>> printer (with the data switch setting the parallel line to it) as
>>> "idle" and the second printer (not live) to "stopped". So why did I
>>> need to manually "start" the supposedly "idle" printer?
>>
>> Run
>>
>> /usr/sbin/tunelp -s /dev/lp0
>>
>> and see what it says.  It should ideally say online/ready.
>
>  I have two printers and use them through a switchbox.
>  Either one with it power off: 127, out of paper, on-line
>  The (default) hp690 turned on: 95, busy, on-line
>  The epson lq570, 223, on-line.

I also see this behaviour.  At least it shows the parallel port is
working.

Physical connection:

Disconnected:           127, busy, out of paper, on-line
Connected at host only: 127, busy, out of paper, on-line

EPSON C60:

Connected to printer (off): 127, busy, out of paper, on-line
Connected to printer (on):  95, busy, on-line
Connected to printer (off): 95, busy, on-line

EPSON EPL-6200:

Connected to printer (off): 127, busy, out of paper, on-line
Connected to printer (startup): 87, busy, on-line, error
Connected to printer (on): 223, on-line
Connected to printer (off): 127, busy, out of paper, on-line

>  The hps listed as idle, the epson as stopped. Changing this by starting or
>  stopping the printers from localhost:631 makes no difference.

Next, set LogLevel to debug in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.  Restart cups,
and then try printing something.  The log in /var/log/cups/error_log
should give some explanation of what went wrong.  You can put the
error_log up for download if you can't see yourself what's wrong.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.