Re: soundgrab

oh - thx, I was really very blind :)  - and it means, that this package will be only in Sarge (stable) and not in Etch, Sid...? I use Etch.

------------ Původní zpráva ------------
Od: Wackojacko <wackojacko32@ntlworld.com>
Předmět: Re: soundgrab
Datum: 18.7.2006 13:08:39
Jirka Hrbek wrote:
> Hi,
> I can not find package soundgrab (http://rawrec.sourceforge.net/soundgrab/) in
Debian repository. It is a perl script which allows the user to interactively
select and save their favorite portions of a long volume of raw audio data.
> Im a beginner in Linux + Debian, what can I do for putting this package to
Deb-rep?

> I have been surprised, that this package is in Ubuntu repository and isnt in
Debians one! I dont understand, how Ubuntu and Debian cooperate, but I would
like to grasp it ...
> thx for every explanation,
> hail Debian for ever :)
> Jirka H.

Have you tried clicking the link on the web page that says 'Debian users
can get the debian package from the usual place' which shows that the
package is in stable so you can add stable repositories to your
sources.lst and apt-get it from there or just download the deb file and
install with 'dpkg -i /path/to/deb'.

You *can* also use ubuntu sources in debian but this is not advised as
there can be conflicts.  I have done this in the past for single
packages and use apt pinning to ensure packages are not upgraded to
ubuntu versions. You can also use the dpkg -i route on the deb from ubuntu repository.

HTH

Wackojacko