Re: [Fwd: Re: Why?]

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 16:36 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Owen Heisler wrote:
> >> For many people ppp is necessary for a network install.  Debian does not
> >> install Gnome or KDE unless you tell it to.
> >
> > Okay, bad example then.  You know what I mean.
>
> Yes.  It means that one person's "essential" is another person's
> "useless".

Ha, yeah, I guess so!  Still, I was thinking more of packages like
"login" that could surely be considered "essential" for 99% of Debian
systems out there, along with the common frontends to apt for package
management, like aptitude and dselect, so other packages can be
installed using the preferred program.