Re: Installing Debian with Raid and LVM , help

So, I'm stuck here... look what I did:

I have 2 sata hd, the sda is 160Gb and sdb is 80 Gb.

First I create 1 partition in both HD's using 200 mb, to set as /boot
for LILO. This is the md0.
Then I create other partition in both HD's using the left space, and
create the md1 device. With 79.8 Gb.

Then I make md0 bootable and set to use ReiserFs mounted on /boot.
And I set the md1 to be a physical volume to LVM, and I create my VG
and LV's as I wish. Without problem.

After all this, the installer starts to install the base system, and
when the LILO prompts to choose where I want to install it, it gives
me the options:

/dev/md0 (Master Boot Record)
/dev/md0 Partition ... I dont remember very well what was there...but
it something like this.
Advanced (Experts Only)

Then I choose the second option cause seems what I want...somethink
like a boot partition on /dev/md0 ... and then LILO tells me that the
partition isn't active (but I made it bootable) and asks me if I want
to make it active, I choose YES but it returns me an error.
Saying that cannot do that.

Does anybody knows what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

On 7/17/06, S Scharf <ss11223@gmail.com> wrote:

On 7/17/06, Eduardo <dutche@gmail.com> wrote:
> But the /boot will be under RAID, right?

Yes. You create /dev/md0 for /boot and /dev/md1 for the LVM. See
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-11.html for
a similiar setup