Re: CUPS (Sid) not printing. (SOLVED?)

David Baron wrote:
On Monday 17 July 2006 15:17, David Baron wrote:
On Monday 17 July 2006 05:04, Katipo wrote:
David Baron wrote:
Jobs get queued and simply stay that way?

What's happening?

Using latest 2.6.17 kernel, Sid
Happened to me too.
Reinstalling foomatic modules fixed it.
Did that, does not help.

Some more info:

NO lp module was installed. Easy enough to modprobe it. DIdn't help

The parallel port /dev/lp0 was listed with attributes c-------------.
Set rw for owner (root) and group (lp) as in all the (unused) /dev/lp1,
etc. Didn't help.

Maybe need to reboot? Kernel bug?

I went into http://localhost:631/ and "started" the printer.

I never had to do this before so how to I make this happen automatically?

If you put

lp

in /etc/modules

and reboot, is /dev/lp0 created with the correct permissions?

If so, does CUPS then start-up and make the printer available without manual intervention?

I had to add lp to /etc/modules sometime after a 2.6.16.x upgrade.

Arthur.