Re: sound with ut2004

On Sun July 16 2006 08:16 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 15 July 2006 12:53, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > After playing unrealtournament 2004 and quiting I don't have any sound
> > anymore.
>
> I bet you're using OSS for sound, and you have a cheap, single-channel
> audio card.  Use ALSA or get a real sound card (ex: Creative SoundBlaster
> Pro 128), or wait until ut2004-bin exits.

I always use alsa if I have a choice. I don't have a soundcard plugged in here
although I have thought about getting one. I'm using the multimedia setup on
the motherboard, lspci says it's an nvidia, unknown device 00ea.

I had a quick look at testing and unstable and the sound system works as
expected. Just a short wait for the etch release.. :)