Re: recomendation for a lightweight calendar program that can import/export vcalendar

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:15:42 -0500
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:

> In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:50:28
> -0700 Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> didst appear within my Magick
> Viewing Screen and, being somewhat pleasantly supplicatory, did
> polemicize thusly:

> > > "lightweight calendar"
> >
> > That's why I suggested kOrganizer and not Kontact.
> >
> Kalarm, Wyrd, remind, wmtimer, xcal and a host of others.
> Most of these are fairly lightweight.

xcal conflicts with x11-common so is uninstallable a the moment
Kalarm, Wyrd, remind, wmtimer seem to be for alarms, wyrd is the only one that seems like it may have a calendar, I will try in out when I can download it.
I guess that there are a host of others, I just can't seem to find them, just
the heavyweight stuff.
sylpheed-claws-gtk2 seems like it may be able to do what I want (less the
calendar interface) with the vcalendar plugin and I just saw that its finally
installable, so I will also try that out.