Re: ssh in debian

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 11:33:34PM +0200, mattias jonsson wrote:
> how to activate ssh in debian?
> i run colinux debian

Client or server?  (I'm assuming here that colinux lets linux talk to
the host's networking, I don't how to set it up if it doesn't)

The client should be installed by default--to run it just type
`ssh <other machine>`

The server will (I think) be installed by default in stable, but in
testing/unstable you'll need to install the package 'openssh-server'.
With that taken care of, it should start automatically, if not issue
`/etc/init.d/ssh start`
If it doesn't start, take note of the error messages and search on
those.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand.