Re: xfce panel missing on startup

> > Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > i have xfce4 installed as below.  With some users on my system it
> > > works as expected, with another user it seems to start, but there are
> > > no panels and no mouse buttons result in any menus.  I am using kdm.
> > >
> > > I tried removeing .config and .cache but something still seems to be
> > > wrong.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem might be?

You may have solved this by now and I don't exactly have a solution to
the configuration issue (if there is one) but when this has happened to
me I've just run the xfce4-panel (from memory, I'm not using Xfce at
present) in background:

$ xfce4-panel &

This seemed to fix the problem on on reboot also.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...