Re: Synaptic wants to remove gimp during gimp-data update

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:58:45PM -0400, [KS] wrote:
> Christopher Nelson wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:46:50PM -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:
> >> I use up-to-date Debian unstable, i386 port, on a PC with an AMD
> >> Athlon64 +3500 chip.
> >>
> >> Yesterday and today, when I tried to update my system using Synaptic, it
> >> wanted to remove gimp and update gimp-data. What is the problem?
> >
> > gimp 2.2.12-1 hasn't made it into the i386 port of unstable yet, but
> > gimp-data has.  I'd think it's just a couple days.
> >

> I just put it on hold for the time being. It is normal when you are
> running unstable. Sometimes a dependency takes time to make it into the
> distribution and holding the present version of the package is the easiest.

sometimes the issue is the packages has not been sync'd on the
repository, or maybe the bug hasn't been fixed yet or ...
but with unstable, packages are uploaded and removed all the time. Thus
the best answer is always: wait. But always check the bug reports to see
if you get any hints as to the reason and ask here to confrim your
suspissions x-)
cheers,
kev