How many serious backport problems have there been?

I know things on backports.org can't be guaranteed, but what is their
track record.  Do they just warn you but in reality most people
experience few problems, or has it been people's experience that
backports are a headache.  Also, I know they don't have an official
security team, but historically are security vulnerabilities fixed in
backports, or do they constantly have security issues? Thanks.
Joseph Smidt
jsmidt@byu.edu