Re: Shutdown my Laptop? Why should I?

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:45:20AM -0700, Greg Ryman wrote:
> I would say to do a reboot and possible a file system check once a month
> to avoid corruption and unintended loss of data. Other then that, you
> don't need to reboot.

I would also suggest a reboot any time you use apt to do an upgrade,
or otherwise change or reconfigure your system. It is much easier to
solve a booting problem if you can remember what has changed since it
was last working...

It is the same logic as for servers which run 24/7.

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com