Odp: Re: Hugin on debian "sarge"

Hi, it's exactly where I got a hugin.deb from,

Yesterday I tried again to compile it from source.

It worked !!!

I had to install some packages that "./configure" required, although with another names (e.g. ./configure required "zlib", I installed "zlib1g-dev" as "most similiar" for me). Previously it costed me a lot of frustration seeking for non-existing names.

two conclusions:

1. No more unoficial debs - failed installation from .deb totally messed my apt-get, I had to reinstall all the system

2. Authors of source code:
pls take into consideration that for average ex win-user "zlib" is not the same as "zlib1g-dev", "wxWidget" is not the same as wxGtk2.4 sth" . Use exact names in script messages !

3. I stitched some photos and I like Hugin for flexibility. Before I used some proprietary winsoft from Canon

regards,

Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>
Wysłane przez: news <news@sea.gmane.org>

2006-07-07 15:57

Do
debian-user@lists.debian.org
DW
Temat
Re: Hugin on debian "sarge"

Zbigniew Wiech wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know where to get "hugin.deb" that will work with stable
> "sarge" relesase of debian ?
>
> I tried to compile it from source, I died on "./configure" level, when
> "no panotools support" was displayed. I'm not a computer guy I do not
> know what to do with this.
>
> I tried to install it from .deb package got from somewhere on the net.
> It  displayed a list of missing and obsolete packages. The try to
> complete missing packages resulted in even longer list of "missing
> package" error due to dependencies in new packages.
>
> Would anyone help ?
> hugin on debian "sarge"
>
> best regards
> Zbigniew Więch, Poland