Can't mount cdrom after cdrecord installation (was: dvd burning)

I've just installed cdrecord in my Debian Sarge r2,
and then changed in menu.lst the line:

kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-686 root=/dev/hda6 ro

into:

 kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-686 root=/dev/hda6 ro hdb=ide-scsi ro hdc=ide-scsi ro hdd=ide-scsi

, but then when I try to mount a cdrom, as usual, with `mount /cdrom',
I get the following:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       missing codepage or other error
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
       dmesg | tail  or so

. I'm quite lost here, could anyone suggest what to do?

Thanks,
Rodolfo