Re: apt-get and Proxy configuration

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:09:59 -0400
"Hansel A. Ortiz" <hansel.ortiz@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi... people..
>
> Now im having problems with a apt-get because it requires
> authorization be the ISA server, but the configuration i made to see
> if i can fix the problem was this..
>
> i have an user in the isa server with all access to the internet...
> but i never configured debian with it... so now is asking my for that
> configuration... dont know why..
>
> i declared in the /etc/apt/apt.conf file
>
> Acquire::http::Proxy "http://user:pwd@proxy:port";;
> Acquire::ftp::Proxy "ftp://user:pwd@proxy:port";;
>

> but... it didn`t work
>
> linux-debian:~# apt-get update
> Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
>   407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires
> authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service
> is denied.  ) Err http://http.us.debian.org stable/main Packages
>   407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires
> authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service
> is denied.  ) Ign http://http.us.debian.org stable/main Release
>

> i tryed to configure the apt-setup and re-configure the http access
> but it didn`t work either..

The ISA server requires that clients connecting to it understand the
NTLM protocol, something that apt-get does not. Fortunately, ntlmaps[1]
is here to help.

The configuration file /etc/ntlmaps/server.cfg is well documented. Once
you get ntlmaps up and running (), set your proxy variable to
http://localhost:5865.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/ntlmaps

--

Liam