Battery monitor and sound adjust short cut

Hey List,

I'm using Debian Sid on my Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop. I want to enable the power monitor function for my computer. But when I go to Control Center-->Power Control -->Laptop Battery of KDE I got the following message.

###########
Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you need to enable at least 'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel.

Below is my kernel infomation

#####
lover@YUNNAN:~$ uname -a
Linux YUNNAN 2.6.16-2-686 #1 Wed Jun 21 17:35:13 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
#####

Can any of you tell me how can I enable AC Adaptor and Control Method Battery please?

Secondly, under Window XP I can use Fn+Pg Up / Dn key combination to adjust the volumn. But I do not know how to do in under Debian. Can anyone give some direction please?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Rocky