bacula-director doesn't start

Hi!
I am having problem with bacula and with bacula-director in particular. When I run
"/etc/init.d/bacula-director start "
I got the following on the console:
10-Jul 17:29 bacula-dir:  Fatal error: Could not open database "bacula".
10-Jul 17:29 bacula-dir: Fatal error: mysql.c:164 Unable to connect to MySQL server.
Database=bacula User=bacula
It is probably not running or your password is incorrect.
10-Jul 17:29 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

I looked into /etc/dbconfig-common/bacula-director-mysql.conf, everything is ok there, mysql server address, mysql port, user, password, database are all right. I double cheked it and connected to the "bacula" database with "bacula" user and appropriate password.Mysqld listens to all interfaces, not only localhost. There is also a socket, through which one can communicate with it. The most interesting thing is that there is not a single word about mysql configuration in /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf. I also tried to listen to all interfaces for mysql port usage (tcpdump -i any port 3306) running at the same time /etc/init.d/bacula-director start, not a single packet have been captured. I have no idea what else could go wrong. The system is debian unstable, all dependencies for packages are supplied. If somebody has hit it already on please help, or maybe anybody have ideas what has gone wrong.
            Vladi.