Re: Why?

S Clement wrote:
> I am new to Debian - within the last two weeks - and two things
> puzzle me.
>
> Why do you seem to prefer gnome over kde?  I have examined both and
> kde seems to me to be easier to use.  There must be something I am
> missing.
>
> Is it worth hunting for a way to change the default? [...]

Yes, install the Debian Reference (debian-reference-en). Using a web
browser (I first used lynx), read
/usr/share/doc/Debian/reference/index.html and go to § 6.5.3
"Alternative Commands."

That'll show you how to use the update-alternatives command to change
the default x-session-manager from gnome-session to startkde.

You'll find "man update-alternatives" useful also.