Re: Fluxbox and Debian menu

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

>> How could I make that happening to Fluxbox?
>
> do you have the menu-xdg package installed?

"menu-xdg" is not needed. Fluxbox (the one in Debian at least) uses
standard Debian Menu system, and has been doing that for as long as I
can remember.

It sounds that you have run "update-menus" as a normal user some time in
the past. In that case your menu structure is probably saved in your
home directory and is out of reach for global "update-menus". Try
removing "~/.fluxbox/fluxbox-menu" file and re-running "update-menus" as
root.

Do not run "update-menus" as a normal user, unless you really want to
have your menu not to update automatically. It is a feature, not a bug.