Re: Re: DNS and resolv.conf

"I'm curious how you got into the spot you're in, where
resolv.conf isn't working."

No idea. I physically packed up my computer, shipped it across the country, and plugged it into the same model wireless router/modem that I had been using before. The ISP is different, so I can only assume that something in the way they setup the router was unexpected by my computer? I stay far, far away from working config files, so I didn't introduce the problem by experimenting with things on my end.

I would be very interested in any recommendations for good introductions to
networking, so that I could one day understand this whole thing a little better. I tried the tldp docs, but they're a little too sparse for my needs
as a noob.

Cheers,

Tyler

--