Re: Upgrade question

Hello Paras!

> I have a question regarding related packages upgrades.
>

> Four weeks back i upgraded my gnome 2.10 to gnome 2.14 using  etch and
> command apt-get  install gnome-core and upgradeed to gnome 2.14
> successfully.. At that time  the related packages were still moving to
> the etch repo. Now when i do again  apt-get install gnome-core it said
> "gnome-core is already the newest version", but i belive now there are
> many related packages to gnome-core in the etch repository. I wanted
> to know how to upgrade the related packages of gnome-core ( rather
> than using apt-get upgrade or dist-upgrade ) since i am unable to
> upgrade them using apt-get install gnome-core.
Do you update your system during the time using apt-get. If yes i
believe all packages are uptodate. If you want know whether all your
packages is uptodate you can use synaptic and search whether all the
depencies are uptodate.

But in etch gnome-core has version 2.12.3. In unstable there is 2.14

CU

  Michael

--
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43: